SEO (or search engine optimisation) is one of the hottest digital topics, with more and more site owners investing in the field. The reason search engine visibility is so important is reflected in the term itself: SEO gets your website seen. The world wide web is a massive ocean with new websites entering the waters every day – today, they are just shy of 2 billion live websites, with over 200 going live EVERY MINUTE.
These days everyone knows that having a website designed with your audience’s needs in mind is crucial. However, people often think their work is done once their site is designed, built and live on the web. They simply sit back and wait for traffic, sales leads and conversions to pile in. But very often this doesn’t happen.
Why? The reason for this is simple. You can spend lots of money, time and effort building a website that stands out, but it’s likely to all go to waste if you do not take the second, perhaps even more crucial step: monitoring and evaluating its success.
There are myriad ways to alter how well your website performs. These are not always large-scale or structural changes; rather, they are nothing more than simple tweaks and alterations to make sure visitors are enjoying the most optimised experience and that your website is serving their needs. These top 7 tips from Black Nova Designs will help you improve your websites’ viability without spending lots on SEO packages.
- Blogging – blogging has to be one of the quickest, cheapest and easiest ways to improve your SEO. Regularly updating your website (such as blogging, and adding new products) is great, Google doesn’t like, and won’t promote, a dormant website, so keep it fresh, keep it updated and keep it relevant. This blog: 10 reasons you need to blogging for business, also highlights 9 other reasons you really should be blogging for your business. If you’re not, don’t want to talk about, or don’t have the time, think about outsourcing it. We’d love to speak to you about packages and content.
- If your business has physical premises, the SEO visibility for local searches is a great option to start ranking. Being registered with directories and promoting local business is the way forward as this will increase your client base due to the searches being very specific.
- Don’t forget the importance of Google reviews and Google+ as a social media platform. Google will naturally rank its own platform higher than others so if you can update this and become more interactive with their platform the higher you will rank in searches with minimal effort. I schedule every single post to LinkedIn and Google+ (as well as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).
- Don’t forget the importance of image names, Google will pick up on all back end words so uploading an image with an odd name is not going to help with SEO, call the image the product or service name to help bring the relevance up.
- Have you heard of the term ‘cash is king’ – well in the online world ‘content is king’ … the more words, relevant content, up to date content and pictures you have to higher you will rank.
- Keep in mind the more new people you get to visit your website the more likely Google is to rank it so ensure social media posts point back to the website, get friends to visit the site as much possible – the more active Google see it being the higher it is likely to rank.
- Choose your keyword wisely and put it everywhere. Your keyword should be based on what your potential customer is actually searching for – do some research, the Google Keyword Planner is really helpful here!
These are just some of the many ways you can help improve your own SEO without paying for the service. Obviously these tips will just help your ranking, but should also be done even if you are paying for SEO support. Black Nova Designs have wonderful, affordable packages to help with your SEO to give you the visibility you desire in an increasingly busy digital marketplace.Tweet