Sign in to follow this  
bauss

Website Planning

How much time do you spend planning your website before you actually create it? I honestly don't spend very much time planning my websites, I just plan as I go along for most projects.

Guest Paul Lock

most of the time i say plan it as you go on but have a plan how you want it and what does and sum sort of plan how it looks but that will change as you go on

Depends on the project, if the project is larger enough for concern, i will plan before designing anything, like this website i spent months planning, what sort of software, what language and how the graphics would look like. Personally i decide to only plan my large creations as your less likely to make mistakes on the way.

Also its not a bad idea to plan alittle ahead of the smaller websites as well, because it will speed up the process of development if you know what you want.

How much time do you spend planning your website before you actually create it? I honestly don't spend very much time planning my websites, I just plan as I go along for most projects.

I also don't spend very long planning, I just like to think while I'm creating it, or else I'll get headaches :D

Interesting thread idea!

A lot of my initial work is done in mocking up the layout - either in Photoshop or Fireworks. Slicing it up and coding the site is next, but nowadays I often use Wordpress as a CMS since there are so many useful plugins out there for it that I wouldn't have the time to hard code that functionality into a static site.