bauss

What computer/laptop do you own?

I have a Acer Aspire ASE380 Desktop and I plan on getting a better PC soon, but this does the job so I can work on my website. I'm think of getting a Asus laptop. What computer/laptop do you own?

Guest Paul Lock

um will got got a few pc's and laptops i on my master pc now duo cpu e8400 @3.00ghz with 6gb of ram, my laptop is a Sony sumthing and running round 2.8ghz.

but in the room i am in i got 2 gaming server to 1 side with 1 xbox to the projector on the other side an other xbox with 32inch tv for COD then 2 pc by that, behide me is 7 pc's do what ever they need to be doing. i love my pc's :) :cool:

I got a HP Elitebook 8530w 4GB SSD Laptop another Asus F5SL 4GB Laptop

and the Master PC is

1. I7 3.2GHz overclocked to 4.45Ghz
  2. Asus P8Z68 Deluxe Gen3 Motherboard
  3. Nvidia Geforce 560TI Overclocked
  4. Corsair Vengence DDR 3 at 8GB running 8-8-8-9 timmings Overclocked
  5. Corsair Hydro Watercooled Cpu Fan
  6. Dual 23" LED Samsung SyncMasters
  7. Antec 9hundered Gaming Case

Just a bit of the specs i run.

The main computer I use is my laptop and it is an Acer Aspire 7551. I have another older Acer laptop setup as a Windows Home Server for my house. Then I also have a custom-built CoolerMaster that I built on my own with parts from a local computer store called G&G Computers!

I recently switched all of my computers over to Lenovo brand. I have a Lenovo all in one desktop, a Lenovo Ideapad laptop, and a Lenovo A1 Tablet. So far I've been very pleased with the build quality and operation of all 3 devices. I've had 3 Dell computers stop working on me in the past 6 years, and decided enough was enough,

Most laptops and computers you can upgrade, just generally most are simple but you can get the fiddly ones as well. Also for overclocking, its varies, depending on the hardware inside the system, if it supports it or not.

I had already typed out the system specs of my netbook, so I'll copy/paste them here for the enjoyment of computer fanatics everywhere :P

Please note, I bought this system for mobility rather than power.

acer Aspire one series: P1VE6

System Type: 64-Bit OS

CPU: AMD Dual-Core C-50 (1.0 GHz)

Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics

Screen Resolution: 1366x768 LED LCD (11" screen)

Memory: 2 GB DDR3 RAM

Storage: 250 GB HDD

Battery: 6-cell Li-ion battery

External Ports: HDMI, VGA, 3x USB 2.0, ethernet, 3.5 MM audio jack, 3.5 MM microphone jack.

Windows Experience Index: 2.8 (Windows 7) 2.2 (Windows 8 Release Preview) {Updates brought my Win8 RP up to 2.6}

Imo the windows assesmrnts are bullshit lol you could have one of the best over locked to max and windows would still only give a rating if like 8 lol

7.9 Is the highest it goes :P

Seems, I am ancient when I read about the specs above :lol

I have two of these here. One is since 1998 (I told you I was ancient) - and it still runs fine with the Celeron Processor and 512 MB RAM. It has a 20GB HDD which makes all those sounds as the heads read and write... but still, it is going on well for my offline work - I have Ubuntu 3 on that.

The other one I have which I use frequently for work has XP and Ubuntu 11.10 - I did not upgrade that to Ubuntu 12.10. And it has 1 GB RAM, 80 GB HDD and dual core Intel Processor. I got this one during 2007.

Both of my computers are assembled by me and have been working fine (touchwood) though, I have had to change the Keyboard and Mouse on them many times - still that has not been an annual affair...

Right now I just have a Toshiba Satellite laptop. I have been pretty impressed with it. I use it for hours everyday for work and have had it for 4 years. I am looking into getting a desktop but can't decide if I want a touch screen or not. I am really looking at the new Vizio desktop computers. I love the way they look.

I personally don't like touch screens, that may be because its not very productive for me, as for graphics design its not the best option and also gaming. Obviously you can setup keyboard and mouses, but that defeats the point of having a Touchscreen. Also i prefer to build all my own systems, as i get the performance and look i want.

Even I prefer assembling my computer myself. I upgrade the motherboard, CPU, RAM and HDD of my desktop every other year to keep up with the latest PC configuration. I do own an ACER laptop but I haven't upgraded it in last 3 years and I am probably going to buy a new laptop in January next year.

I tend not to keep my own computer up to full system specs, as its an expensive route, but always try to keep pretty close to the new market, as you can tell with the i7 and such that im running.