bryce12

Logo Design

Hey guys,

Do you outsource your logo creation? I used to do it till recently but now I am thinking of buying a logo creation software or a free online alternative to design my own logos. I think that it would help me to save money in the long term since I won't have to outsource logos every time. What is your opinion on this?

Bryce

Well personally, we offer logo design as a service and obviously make all our own, but would be interesting to see what others do. I don't know something about the logo, i prefer to have my own personal touch to it, as its the unique selling point of the business or group, but then again not everyone is graphics savvy.

I have always found Logo creation to be the most challenging aspect of graphic design. You're being asked to create something that is supposed to be representative of certain ideals related to the client. It's tough to get inside a client's head to understand what he/she wants. 

I have always found Logo creation to be the most challenging aspect of graphic design. You're being asked to create something that is supposed to be representative of certain ideals related to the client. It's tough to get inside a client's head to understand what he/she wants. 

Couldn't of said it better, its very hard to create something the client wants, as you said you really need to get inside the users head. Sometimes you can be lucky and they will try to describe the design they want with a good description, making the design easier.

Couldn't of said it better, its very hard to create something the client wants, as you said you really need to get inside the users head. Sometimes you can be lucky and they will try to describe the design they want with a good description, making the design easier.

Some people just have a knack for getting inside of someone else's head. I admire that skill, but, when it comes to logo design, I just don't have it. The best I can do is ask them to show me a bunch of logos they already like and see if I can pick out common elements.