Sign in to follow this  
KyleH

Show off your Desktops!

yea i also have windows 7 but not a dell laptop i'll check it out online cause i want one it looks so cool!!! lol plus thats just one of my desktops i change it for what kind of mood im in lol sad i know but its my thing lol

About the floating toolbar - Its called User Dock.

More at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dock_(computing)

Dell has provided softwares to enhance user functionality. But you can get that by Object Dock or Rocket dock if you dont have Dell Desktops (Dell has tie up with some company for this software, I guess itsObject Dock. (They are not free :( .)

I remember a softwares provided by the crystalxp.netcalled "launchers".

I guess they still are free. But I would like to state that they get freakingly annoying after a few months because they slow down your startup procedure.(Eventually all softs get lazy :lol::lol: )

http://www.crystalxp.net/galerie/en.scat.33.html

So folks, if you are good at RAM (like more than 1 GB), I guess You can use the docks for the whole lifetime.

:)

My own favorite is from http://stardock.com. 8-)

Isn't worth posting mine at the moment, it's just a mess of icons, half of them being stuff that I haven't touched since downloaded/installed. Will post it once I have my new system up and running.

This is the motherboard & cpu I was on about btw Kyle - http://www.amazon.co.uk/AMD-Bulldozer-FX-4100-Quad-3-6GHz/dp/B0064ZSRVO/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1331122492&sr=1-2

Lol Chris, Messy Icons means a busy man or someone thats rather un-tidy :P

And oh right looks like a nice little setup, give you the power you need and the reliabilty.

Have to let us know how it runs when you got it up and running.

Bit of both really, mostly really lazy though. Would make sense to start organising it a bit more often rather than waiting till I run out of space!

Yep, will post up a windows benchmark once I've got everything installed and going. Have to wait on a new hard drive though, only have a 160gb one at the moment but wanna upgrade to at least a 500gb and eventually a 64gb SSD for the OS and any high intensity applications. Prices aren't looking like changing anytime soon after all that stuff over in Thailand, so will be a while yet I think.

I got a 500GB at home :) going spare but SSD i cant help with lol, im after one for myself, but going to wait till the bigger sized ones come down in price.

But Yea man have to create a post for all PC Specs and Benchmark tests.

qzp1xl.jpg

My icons are generally just like this 24/7, and ocassionally I'll throw some file on it to sync between computers; it'll sit there for a few weeks :)

I'll change my desktop manually every few weeks. In this case, I made it.

Yes, I keep folders for my shortcuts.

Any ideas on how to hide those pesky .ini files without keeping all hidden files hidden?

Nice desktop, i do the same, mine is changed manually every few weeks as i get bored of the same stuff very easily.

I delete them normally, if they serve no purpose, also try setting the desktop ONLY folder to "hide hidden folders & files" and not to subfolders and that should just effect the desktop and nothing else.

hey here is my desktop nothing speacial would love to know how you got that bar on the top of your tho gabz :)

desktopigm.jpg[/url]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Really like the image, though, I could never stand having the big floating status icons on the right side. They feel so intrusive...