bauss

Which Control Panel Do You Prefer?

Cpanel is really easy to use so that would be my first choice. Second choice would probably be Plesk. I am on godaddy hosting at the moment (real crap custom control panel) and i am going to move to **REMOVED Advertising of a Rival Hosting Company**

I've used cPanel for a lot of my time on the internet. I find it much easier to use, navigate through, and get used to. I also find it quite a bit more secure then a lot of other control panels. Sure, it is a BIT costly, but it is a great control panel to have.

Another reason I don't use any other CP is that cPanel does everything I need it to, so there's no need to switch.

Agreed with this! Main reason we use it on our hosting servers.

I like CPanel as well since it is one of the best control panels out there. I used to use command line interace when I started my web career but over the years I have switched to control panels since they are easier to use and save a lot of time. I have also used Plesk but I like CPanel more since it provides a wide variety of options to carry out most of the administration and maintenance activities.

Agreed, cPanel increases speed and productivity for anyone, with its simple layout, you don't tend to have to take ages learning it, even if you are completely new at the system.

Also with cPanel now intergratting more features, such as cPGS (cPanel's Game Server Packages) You can do even more with it. Also with a lot of 3rd party plugins also being written forĀ  cPanel more than other control panels, it has another plus side.

I mostly opt for shared hosting. And as such, if I have to go with a provider which does provide me something different I do not have much of a choice. But, that said, my current host, which I have been associated since over 3 years now, provides me with cPanel and I have kind of started appreciating it. Not that I have issues with different others, but it is something that I have become more familiar with. Though my clients have different things many times and I do take a while before I start working with them.

CPanel is by far the easiest platform to actually use, even though its pretty expensive and not worth buying for starters imo. Its over 200$ if you purchase the legitamate version.
Either the way, it has a really amazing feature, Leech Protection and IP Denial. Most panels don't actually have that automaticly installed.

I like cPanel the most, but maybe that is because I'm used to cPanel. I use it for all my hostings, but I might wanna try something new, because I have heard positive feedback on other control panels.

I setup a VPS for someone from IPS, using KLOXO and i can personally say, i still hate the system its so fiddly and not very well laid out, but yes there is other control panels out there, that are very good.